The Bolton Lady Bears were just in the wrong place at the wrong time.

The Bolton Lady Bears were just in the wrong place at the wrong time. The Leesville Lady Cats (6-10-0) rebounded from a loss Thursday at home to Alexandria with an emphatic 6-0 victory over Bolton in a non-district soccer contest on Saturday. The Lady Cats netted three goals in each half en route to the win. Originally scheduled for earlier this month, but postponed due to weather conditions, the Lady Cats and Lady Bears spent the first 10 or so minutes trying to figure each other out, with possession time split rather evenly between the teams. But then Leesville went to work. Taking advantage of the prevailing south winds, Gabrielle Taft sent a long pass down the middle of the field to senior Kirsten Raines. Raines reeled in the pass and beat two defenders en route to a goal in the 14th minute of play and a 1-0 Leesville lead. After nearly 20 minutes of action, the Lady Cats managed to score twice over the final eight minutes of the first half. Sophomore Haley Perry scored unassisted in the 32nd minute of the match and Raines returned the favor to Taft in the 36th minute as Leesville took a 3-0 lead into the intermission. Barely a minute into the second half, Perry found a wide-open Anastasia Kalmykova, who punched the ball into the net for a 4-0 Leesville lead. The combination of Taft and Raines worked so well two times in the first half that they got together again in the 49th minute, with Raines slotting a pass to Taft for a goal and a 5-0 advantage. With just about a minute to go in the match, the Lady Cats got their sixth goal of the game, an own goal. Raines sent a pass into the box, where he ball hit a Bolton defender and bounded into the goal for a 6-0 advantage. The Lady Cats held the advantage in the matchup in possession, shots and corners, while the Leesville defense limited Bolton to just a few trips into the Lady Cat box, where goalies Rachael Greene and Felicia Groves faced no real threats. Boys Leesville....1 Bolton.....1 After falling behind early and watching many threats go unsuccessful, the Leesville Wampus Cats got a goal in the 63rd minute of a 1-1 tie with the Bolton Bears in a non-district contest on Saturday. The Wampus Cats found themselves trailing just eight minutes into the contest. Bolton's Matt LaBorde floated a shot toward the goal in the eighth minute of play, where it looked as if Leesville goalkeeper Jacob Chambers would easily get the stop. However, the ball slipped through Chambers' fingers into the goal, giving Bolton a 1-0 advantage. The Cats finally got a few chances at shots late in the first half. In the 26th minute, Jakob Lopez just missed on an opportunity to score and the same thing happened in the 34th minute. Leesville also threatened late in the first half, but Bolton went into the intermission with a 1-0 edge. The Bears had a prime opportunity to go up by two goals four minutes into the second half, but a shot went just wide, preserving the 1-0 deficit by the Cats. Just over 19 minutes later, Leesville broke into the scoring column as Kolby Heid centered a nice pass into the box for Jose Salas, who scored the goal, tying the game at 1-1. The goal seemed to be the spark Leesville's offense needed. Just a minute later, William Chambers sent a shot toward the goal from about 40 yards out that bounced off the post no good. About five minutes later, Leesville threatened again, but was held off. In the 71st minute, Lopez was just wide on a shot and Garrett Cline had an opportunity pass him by in the 73rd minute. The Cats had no less than three opportunities to take the lead over the final five minutes, but were unable to take advantage, forcing Leesville to take the tie. The Wampus Cats and Lady Cats return to district play on Monday at Peabody. The boys open play at 5:30 p.m., while the girls' game is set for an approximate 7 p.m. start.