COVID-19 deaths increase to 29 in Vernon Parish
The Louisiana Department of Health (LDH) has sadly reported the cumulative number of COVID-19 related deaths in Vernon Parish has increased to 29. As of this writing, there have been 789 positive cases reported of the virus in Vernon Parish.
In neighboring Beauregard Parish, there are 863 positive cases with 20 deaths reported. Allen Parish has 1,321 cumulative cases with 30 deaths reported. Calcasieu Parish has 6,924 cumulative cases with 147 deaths reported. Sabine Parish has 664 cumulative cases with 11 deaths reported.
Statewide, the case count has reached 134,304 positive cases, with an estimated 103,512 presumed to have recovered. There have been an estimated 4,238 total COVID-19 deaths in Louisiana.
The Louisiana Department of Health has offered the following tips when it comes to slowing the spread of the virus:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds — especially after using the bathroom or blowing your nose, and before eating.
- In addition to soap and water, or if soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
- Cover your cough or sneeze into your elbow or a tissue.
- Don’t touch your eyes, nose or mouth with unwashed hands.
- Stay away from people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick
- Clean and disinfect objects and surfaces regularly.
- If you think you are sick, call your doctor and ask what you should do
For more information on mitigation and virus prevention methods, citizens are directed to log on to cdc.gov/coronavirus. For more information on the number of cases in Louisiana, citizens are also directed to log on ldh.gov/coronavirus.