Dr. Jesse Brandon named President of LVMA
Dr. Jesse Brandon DVM has officially been installed as President of the Louisiana Veterinary Medical Association. Brandon is known in the local community for his work at Brandon Veterinary Clinic in Leesville.
Founded in 1903, The Louisiana Veterinary Medical Association is a statewide organization whose mission statement is "to advance veterinary medicine and advocate for the association's members."
Dr. Brandon is a graduate of Anacoco High School, and has dedicated his life to helping sick animals.
His bio from BrandonVeterinary.com reads:
"Dr. Jesse Brandon graduated from Anacoco High School. He received his undergraduate degree from Louisiana State University. He received his Doctorate of Veterinary Medicine from St. George's University and also from Louisiana State University. Before joining his father at Brandon Veterinary Clinic, he worked at LSU Large Animal Clinic, Armstrong Veterinary Hospital and also Elgin Veterinary Hospital. His areas of special interest are equine lameness, large and small animal surgery."
"Dr. Brandon is married to Dr. Amanda Brandon. He is the son of Dr. Doug and Paula Brandon. He has 2 older brothers, Dr. Brian Brandon and Luke Brandon. He has many animals: Coby, Maxwell, Abigail, Cricket, Deacon and AJ."
According to the Louisiana Veterinary Medical Association, their goals as an orginization include :
- Advance the science and art of veterinary medicine and its relationship to the public's health and biological sciences and agriculture in the state of Louisiana.
- Promote the health of all species and to extend to the agricultural community and the community-at-large the benefits of sound and progressive leadership in the diagnosis and treatment of animals.
- Foster, maintain and enhance public understanding of the nature of the veterinary profession.
- Do all things necessary and desirable to further high standards of care in the treatment of animals and continuing standards of excellence in the professional training and continuing education of doctors of veterinary medicine.
- Promote goodwill among its members and to seek protection of their rights and privileges.
- Advance the maintenance of ethical standards which reflect the learned nature of the profession and the peculiar responsibilities of the veterinarian to the whole community of Louisiana.
For more information on Dr. Jesse Brandon log on to BrandonVeterinary.com. For more information on the Louisiana Veterinary Medical Association, log on to www.lvma.org