LSU AgCenter in DeRidder moves to old Rosepine Research Station office
The LSU AgCenter in DeRidder is now located at the office of the old Rosepine Research Station (RRS).
This office is about 7 miles north of the old DeRidder office on Highway 171.
The Louisiana Legislature passed a bill to create Beauregard Parish out of the northern area of Imperial Calcasieu Parish in 1912 and the bill took effect at the beginning of 1913. The Parish was named after P.G.T. Beauregard, a Confederate general. Although one faction wanted the town of Singer to be the parish seat, DeRidder was chosen by most voters on 15 October 1912.
The 4-H office is part of the AgCenter and sited at RRS.
There are attractive crape myrtles and live oak, and Keith Hawkins of LSU AgCenter invites residents to feel free to visit.
The old Beauregard Parish LSU AgCenter was located at 202 W 3rd St, DeRidder, LA.
For more information, contact Hawkins at KHawkins@agcenter.lsu.edu.